Monday, March 14, 2011



Inside Scoop
Runners Corner with Jeff

Every newsletter I will touch on new and innovated ways to train. But first I would like to touch on why I started running and what keeps me motivated.

Why I started running
I actually started exercising about a year and a half ago. I Just felt like I needed to get into shape and my daughter in law somewhat challenged this old guy to train for a ½ Marathon.
What motivates me?
I am always up for a challenge so that’s motivation in its self. I am also surrounded by family and friends that need to be active and felt that if I start to get into better shape they would follow. Because of my motivation and success they have and it has become a great activity i get to enjoy with my family and friends. My son and daughters are usually alongside with me at the gym and my beautiful wife and i enjoy our weekend runs together motivating each other every step of the way.


Community involvement
The majority of the races i participate in are fund raisers for local charities or organizations and i enjoy helping out these wonderful causes in any way possible.

Why I enjoy running
Its physically challenging, I know that it’s good for me and it gives me some alone time to reflect on my day. I also enjoy running and working out with my family it gives us the quality time needed after a long work day. 

How long is my average training program?
I would say my average length is 12 weeks, when I’m training for a particular race, however in the off season I have a strength program I have and I still run for the cardio portion and to stay is running shape. My current average pace is 9:00 minute miles.

2011 Race Schedule
1. Get up and Go 5K in Titusville in August.
2. Disney Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon in October.
3. A full marathon in November or December...TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment