Monday, October 3, 2011

Runner's Corner with Jeff

Goal: Marathon
Race along the way: Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Well, I am in week 12 of my Marathon training, 2 weeks ago I experienced what they mean by long runs! I set out to do my first 20 mile run. Like in the construction business you must always have a plan and you must always work your plan. So two days prior to my run I started eating right and putting the right food and fluids in me to sustain me through the torture.

For breakfast I had a bagel with jam, O.J., banana, and yogurt. For my mid morning snack I had (2) granola bars and a Gatorade. For lunch I had a large baked potato with salsa, a roll, chocolate milk and an oatmeal cookie. For my afternoon snack I had a cliff bar and Gatorade and for dinner chicken burrito, rice and salsa.

Needless to say I felt stuffed all day. However, by sticking to the food plan I was able to sustain the 20 mile run in 3 hours and 24 minutes. I will be running in 6 weeks and can tell you that what ever you set out to accomplish give your all, listen to you mind and body but most of all listen to your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment